Multicultural Greek Council
MGC began in 2004 at SIU Carbondale and is a sub-council of the Inter- Greek Council. The purpose of MGC is to serve as a governing body, to create and maintain high standards in the life of culturally-based fraternities and sororities by addressing, coordinating and developing strategic programming, to unify organizations involved in MGC, promote higher education, provide community services, enhance leadership and to serve as a liaison between the MGC, other Greek Councils, the University student body and administration, thereby improving campus life. Each MGC fraternity and sorority sends representatives to MGC’s monthly general body meetings.
MGC Fraternities & Sororities:
- Delta Phi Mu Sorority, Inc.
- Gamma Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
- Lamda Theta Alpa Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Phi Fraternity, Inc. (colony)
- Omega Delta Phi Fraternity, Inc. (colony)
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (colony)
- Phi Rho Eta Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Lambda Beta Fraternity, Inc.