- Understand the obligations of being a member, such as academic, service, and financial requirements.
- Understand the academic support programs of the chapter.
- Discuss the community service program and educational programs.
- Understand the total financial costs, such as new member fees, member dues and room/board.
- If the chapter has a house, understand what your commitment to live-in will be as a member.
- Alcohol is not permitted at any recruitment activity. Play by the rules.
- The decision to join a fraternity/sorority is a life-long commitment. Be clear what you expect and what you are prepared to give.
- Familiarize yourself with chapter names and the Greek alphabet; it will make the recruitment process much easier.
- Ignore belittling and derogatory remarks you may hear.
- Seek to affiliate with a chapter that you feel you can benefit from and which you feel you can contribute your time, energy and talents for a lifetime.
- Your decision as to which chapter to join should be "your" decision. Don’t be pressured by anyone else.
- Have fun, enjoy, and be yourself!